Now that the craziness of Fashion Week is over, I can divert my attention back to my line. I've been searching for factories in the Garment Center for over a month. Why can't I make my own clothes, you ask? Well, because I can't continue to do this, when I get an order.
It's been interesting, to say the least. A few things that are important to me in finding a factory:
Flip the jump to read more.
- Ease of location. I want to be able to stop by easily if there's an issue.
- Working conditions. I want the workers to be offered health insurance, paid lunch, vacation, etc. I also think the working conditions should be tolerable and not just a bunch of sewing machines stacked in a room.
- I'd like the assurance that they are timely and can stick to a schedule.
- I need reasonable prices. No mystery there!
- Can accommodate large orders and small orders.
- Do not ship my work to China
Like Tabs On Fashion on Facebook! Follow us on Twitter @Tabsonfashion!